Installation Made Easy (IME) is a home installation company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. The company offers a variety of installation services, including flooring, countertops, cabinets, and windows.
In 2022, IME was sued by a couple in Ohio who alleged that the company botched the installation of their new flooring. The couple claimed that IME subcontracted the job to a series of unqualified contractors, and that the finished product was riddled with defects.
The lawsuit alleged that the couple’s new flooring was uneven, warped, and cracked. The couple also claimed that the contractors damaged their furniture and home during the installation process.
As a result of the botched installation, the couple was forced to have their new flooring removed and replaced. They also incurred significant costs to repair the damage to their home.
The lawsuit is still ongoing, but it has raised concerns about IME’s business practices. Some customers have come forward with similar complaints about botched installations and unqualified contractors.
Q: What is the status of the Installation Made Easy lawsuit?
A: The lawsuit is still ongoing.
Q: What are the allegations in the lawsuit?
A: The lawsuit alleges that IME botched the installation of the couple’s new flooring, damaged their furniture and home, and subcontracted the job to a series of unqualified contractors.
Q: What are the couple seeking in damages?
A: The couple is seeking damages for the cost of removing and replacing their new flooring, the cost of repairing the damage to their home, and emotional distress.
Q: Has IME responded to the lawsuit?
A: Yes, IME has denied the allegations in the lawsuit.
Q: Should I hire Installation Made Easy for my home installation project?
A: It is important to do your research before hiring any home installation company. Be sure to read customer reviews and check for complaints against the company. You should also ask for references from previous customers.
Q: What are some tips for avoiding home installation problems?
A: Here are some tips for avoiding home installation problems:
* Get multiple estimates from different companies before making a decision.
* Make sure the company you hire is licensed and insured.
* Get everything in writing, including the estimated cost of the project, the timeline for completion, and the warranty on the work.
* Be present during the installation process to inspect the work as it progresses.
The Installation Made Easy lawsuit is a reminder that it is important to do your research before hiring any home installation company. Be sure to read customer reviews and check for complaints against the company. You should also ask for references from previous customers.
If you are considering hiring Installation Made Easy for your home installation project, be sure to get multiple estimates from different companies and get everything in writing. You should also be present during the installation process to inspect the work as it progresses.
- Couple says botched floor installation forces child to spend final days in hospice, instead of home: https://kdvr.com/news/local/couple-says-botched-floor-installation-forces-child-to-spend-final-days-in-hospice-instead-of-home/
- Woman claims contractor installed tile crooked, damaged her furniture, home | Southeast Texas Record: https://setexasrecord.com/stories/524687470-woman-claims-contractor-installed-tile-crooked-damaged-her-furniture-home